Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy 1st birthday, baby boy!

I hope your foster family did something special for you today. You can be sure that we'll be celebrating with you next week! Mommy and Daddy will find you some cake or ice cream or some other yummy treat in Zhengzhou, and we have lots of gifts for you when you get home. The best gift of all is your new big sister! Saying goodbye to her this morning was very hard for Mommy, but thankfully Gemma was having too much fun with her new toy and with Grandma to get upset. What a relief---it would have ripped my heart out to leave her in tears.
We're at DIA now, waiting to board the first leg of our loooong flight.
Sheng ri kuai le, An Yu Xiang! Happy birthday, little Guy.

5 comments:

  1. I know it feels great to be on your way to Guy-Congrats! I'll be following your journey & waiting for those first pics of Guy in your arms. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-day to Guy! Can't wait to hear about gotcha' day--won't be long!! If you have Yisha and Evelyn in ZZ, please tell them hi from Amy Cantilina (An Xiao Xue's mom). They were fabulous, as were Barbara, Oscar, Jason, and Kathy. Enjoy this miracle! Hope Guy will quickly come to trust and feel safe with you.~Amy in FL, home 2 months now with Lillian Joy (Xiao Xue) from Anyang, Henan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birhtday to GUY! Bill and I are thinking of you and hoping this finds you well and safe in China. I can't imagine your excitement level right now. We can't wait to meet him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Guy! To have a wonderful new family all your own is the best birthday present anyone could hope for. I hope you guys have a safe trip and that everything goes as planned. Sorry I didn't call you before you left. I can't wait to meet Guy someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that long flight I don't envy but the rest of it I would do again in a heartbeat. I can't wait to see pictures of you with little Guy. I know that you are more than ready to have him in your arms. I'm praying for you guys and for little Gemma too!

    ReplyDelete