The knowledge that we will probably be matched with a boy instead of a girl has breathed new life into this long, frustrating adoption process. I now have new, FUN, tasks to keep me busy! Among them is choosing a name. Jon suggested, "Beau Hunter Gibbs." I didn't think that warranted a serious response, so I dusted off the old baby name book and started perusing the boy section. I expected to weed through a lot of names we don't like or can't agree on. But I did not expect to sift through so many names like this:
Alps, Bazooka, Bean, Beige, Blame, Boat, Bobbydee, Bobbymack, Boggle, Bongo, Brain, Bronto ("short for Brontosaurus"--it really said this), Bumpus, Bucko, Cack, Cactus, Candle, Chat, Choicey, Chubby, Chunky, Cuke (alt. sp. "Kook"), Curb, Danger, Dingo, Dog, Don Quixote, Delete, Dude, Dovey, Dusty-Joe, Excell, ESPN (for the sports enthusiast!), Faddy, Fabulous, Famous, Fargo, Festive, Flag, Foreign, Gaudy, General, Glad, Gorky, Harpo, JoeMac, Jurass ("short for Jurassic", in case it didn't make sense), Leather, Limo, Minnow, Mohawk, Moose, Newbie, Ogle, Ox, Patriot, Perk, Piney, Pinky, Plan, Plash, Pluck, Playtoh, Poogie, Powder, Prop, Primerica, Quick, Rio Grande, Rooster, Rabbit, Salt, Scant, Shorty, Several, Skeetz, Slam, Snake, Spider, Spidey, Stud, Sultan, Telvis, Tinks, Thaw, Teddy-Blue, Utah, Utz, Weebie, Witty, Word, Wrangle, Zero.
It's not as if people couldn't have come up with these ideas for names on their own. But to legitimize and encourage this by publishing them in a book? Reminds me of some of the kids' names from my GAL days: Money (pronounced mo-NAY), Militia, Nothing (spelled into the record by the county attorney, "N-O-T-H-I-N-G" with a straight face) to name just a few. I think I need to find an abridged baby name book. I don't need "50,001 BABY NAMES!" to choose from. About 50-60 will do just fine.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Don't forget E-Fly is still available.
ReplyDeleteAnd my word verification is Emedi, if you wanna use that one.
Glad you don't have to choose from that book! Could you imagine. LOL.
ReplyDeleteI kind of thought General Gibbs sounded interesting!
It was so nice to see you and Isabella is looking forward to playing with Gemma again. OH, yea, I'm sure Elliana would just love to play with YOU again and maybe this time she won't try to pee on you!
Natalie
I forgot to tell you that I really thought your new polka dot look looks great!
ReplyDelete